Keep your home or business running smoothly with our services and tips and tricks for all your HVAC and Plumbing needs. Subscribe to our blog and stay in the loop on HVAC maintenance and home comfort advice.Subscribe Today for the Latest Tips
What happens when an appliance that rarely causes problems goes out? In Arizona, your furnace plays a distant second fiddle to the air conditioner, but it can cause problems—and Murphy’s Law dictates that it will most likely cause you grief during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
Freshen Up Your Furnace
The fact that furnaces are so dependable can lull even longtime homeowners into a false sense of security. Here are five reasons to have your furnace inspected sooner than later, even if it appears to be working just fine:
- Detect Carbon Monoxide Leaks – One of the most important reasons for a yearly furnace inspection is to check for carbon monoxide leaks. An odorless, colorless gas, it can be potentially dangerous (even deadly) to you and your family.
- Check Igniters and Clean the Burners – Whether you have an older gas furnace with a pilot light or a newer electronic ignition system, it is essential that the igniting sequence of your furnace works perfectly. If you notice a hesitation or delay in the ignition process of your furnace once it’s turned on, your burners might need to be cleaned. Our technicians will inspect this crucial part of your furnace.
- Inactivity Often Leads to a Dusty, Dirty Furnace – When your furnace sits inactive for many months, dust and dirt builds up, settling into the moving parts and fittings of your furnace. Occasionally rust will appear on the burners. You may notice the first time you fire up your furnace after months of inaction, there is a funny odor. That smell is the dust being burned off the exposed surfaces of your furnace.
- Thermostat Checkup – The key to proper home heating starts with your thermostat. We will check the calibration, the wiring and the accuracy of your thermostat and make sure it’s working properly.
- Replace Dirty Filters with Clean Air Filters – Air filters keep your home free from indoor air pollutants, such as dust, dander, and the fine Sonoran Desert dirt that tracks into your house. Replacing your air filters is a priority for any service inspection.
Heat is On
With Thanksgiving behind us, and the new year just ahead, take the time to have your furnace checked before you experience any problems. Give us a call at 623-872-2900 and one of our expert technicians at Cool Blew will inspect your furnace and your entire HVAC system for you.