Super Bowl Sunday is a great reason to host a party. Especially this year since it’s being played locally at the Cardinal’s Stadium in Glendale. Yet, the addition of extra house guests can sometimes put a strain on your home’s plumbing system. Prepping all the food and drinks in the kitchen combined with extra trips to the bathroom can stress out your plumbing. Here are some tips to keep the party going.
Don’t Sink the Dishwasher
The additional cooking, dishes, and plates means the dishwasher is key to keeping this party flowing. Make sure to clean your dishwasher before the heavy use on Super Bowl Sunday. Film, gunk, and food debris can build up on the sides and bottom of your dishwasher over time. Using store bought dishwasher cleaner or a homemade cleaner will help keep the dishwasher running on time and prevent clogs.
Dispose of It
The garbage disposal needs to be blockage free when you’re entertaining. Watch what you and your helpers put down the disposal. Keep grease, fat, large chunks of meat, and non-food items on the sidelines. If you have to guess what to put in the disposal, trash it instead. Run the disposal regularly with lukewarm running water to keep things moving along.
Prep the Bathroom
Party guests and your bathroom can sometimes cause unexpected problems. It’s best to be thinking ahead and inspect, repair, and clean before the party starts. If you have a running toilet, fix it beforehand. Have a toilet brush, extra toilet paper, and a plunger on hand in the bathroom. Make certain the sink drains freely to avoid a plumbing disaster.
Overtime Plumbing Tips
- Get yourself familiar with the toilet shut-off valve underneath the toilet tank in case it overflows.
- Eject the garbage in the garbage can in the bathroom and keep the can in a handy location so nothing goes in the toilet that shouldn’t.
- Throw food scraps in the trash to not sink the party vibes.
- Intercept disposable wipes before your guests flush them, which can cause clogs in the plumbing system. Another great reason to make sure the trash can is easily accessible.
- Fibrous and starchy foods need to stay on the bench and out of the garbage disposal.
- Placing chicken wing bones down the garbage disposal will result in broken bones, your plumbing down, and an extended time out for garbage disposal blades.
If you experience a broken-down garbage disposal, a clogged toilet, or a backed-up sink disaster during your Super Bowl festivities, call Cool Blew. Our experienced plumbers are MVPs and can help keep the party going smoothly. Call Cool Blew today at 623-872-2900 anytime of the day or night, weekends, and holidays.