Spring is nearly here, tempting us to open windows and doors to bring the season’s freshness indoors. This makes it the perfect time to do a little deep cleaning around the house. As part of your “spring clean,” you won’t want to forget your plumbing. Yes, it requires some freshening up just like other aspects of your home. And, with a little annual TLC, you can enable your plumbing fixtures and system to last longer and perform better.
Here are some plumbing-related items to add to your home maintenance “to do” list.
- Use a bacterial drain cleaner to eliminate debris and build-up from drains.
- Snake any slow floor drains and pour a gallon of water into infrequently used drains to prevent sewer odors from entering your home.
- Remove mineral build-up from faucets and shower heads.
- nstall mesh strainers over floor drains to prevent hair and other debris from going down and causing clogs
- Check water supply lines to your faucets, toilets, washing machine and water-using appliances. Look for tears, leaks, or bulges.
- Do a leak inspection in and around your home, including a water meter reading check to ensure you’re not missing anything.
It’s a Good Time to Call Your Plumber Too!
Along with performing these annual maintenance tasks, it’s also wise to obtain an annual inspection from a plumber who can check pipes for leaks or damage, test your system and replace any pipes or lines before they become bigger problems. Don’t forget your water heater. Your plumber can also ensure it is working as it should be to prevent any unwanted surprises.
Your plumbing is vital to your home. It’s good common sense to be proactive and keep your system and fixtures clean and well-maintained. By doing so, you will save yourself a lot of headaches and dollars down the road by preventing a minor issue from turning into a major problem. Call Cool Blew, your expert source for plumbing in and around Phoenix today at 623-872-2900.