Spring has sprung and one thing’s for certain – plumbing emergencies are no fun. Do you have leaky faucets or a trickling toilet with a handle that always needs jiggling? Sometimes, winter weather can affect water pipes and fittings adversely, especially under the house or outside. When homeowners notice pesky little plumbing problems, they often tell themselves they’ll “get to” the needed non-emergency repairs some quiet Saturday afternoon. However, with today’s busy schedules, finding a free Saturday can be a real challenge. Running back and forth to the hardware store for parts can be a time-consuming hassle. Meanwhile, water’s running down the drain, and the monthly water bill is going up. If you’ve noticed plumbing issues in your home, remember, spring is the perfect time of year to schedule a home plumbing tune-up.
The Nature of Plumbing Problems
Let’s face it, homeowners don’t spend a lot of time thinking about plumbing. In fact, many home plumbing systems (drains, sewers, water pipes, faucets, etc.) work perfectly for years unnoticed in the background. Water heaters can provide faithful service for decades without being touched. Then, often without warning, something goes wrong, and a faulty water heater, a clogged drain or a broken water pipe will require immediate remedial action.
At Cool Blew, we believe a proactive approach to plumbing will make for a happier home. A yearly plumbing inspection will ensure that everything is working properly and will provide you with peace of mind. Here are just a few of the items we will check during a spring tune up:
- Faucets – Examine all faucets, including checking for drips and leaks and ensuring they are working properly.
- Toilets – Check that all toilets are in good working order, with tight seals, flushing properly, with firm handles and fittings, water tanks filling correctly, not wasting water, trickling or seeping.
- Water Heater – Inspect water heater and examine all fittings, check for corrosion, flush the sediment, look for any damage, review temperature settings to make sure you are conserving energy.
- Drains – Verify that sink, shower and tub drains and sewers are unobstructed and flowing freely.
- Water Lines – Check visible water lines, fittings and connectors to washing machine, water heater and faucet supply lines to make sure everything is in good working order.
Minor Plumbing Problems Repaired Before They Become Big Issues
At Cool Blew, we pride ourselves on fixing the small issues before they become big problems. Our friendly and knowledgeable plumbers have seen it all. Upon completing a spring inspection, we will provide you with a full assessment and discuss with you any needed repairs or recommended improvements. Why not put our experience to work for you?