Many homes use hydrocarbons in cooking, powering furnaces, central heating and space heaters among other things. Burning of these fuels produces carbon monoxide, which is very dangerous if it leaks and finds its way into the home. It is hard to notice the presence of this gas because of its odorless and colorless characteristics.
The presence of carbon monoxide in poorly ventilated homes may cause carbon monoxide poisoning, or at worst death. Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when the gas enters the bloodstream and displaces oxygen.
Therefore, homeowners should learn how to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Continue reading