Here in the Valley of the sun, we fortunately don’t have to deal with winter plumbing issues, like frozen pipes that impact homeowners in other parts of the country. However, we do have unique issues that are more likely to occur in the summer.
- Garbage Disposal Disasters – Many of the favorite foods of summer can wreak havoc on your garbage disposal. Corn husks, watermelon rind, chicken bones and celery all should be thrown out and never placed in your garbage disposal. If you aren’t sure if something can be ground up or not, err on the side of caution and toss it in the trash.
- Sewer Line Backups – During the winter and spring, tree root growth can hinder your sewer lines. If you’re experiencing regular backups from drains or toilets, it’s a good time to get your sewer line pipes professionally inspected.
- Irrigation System Leaks – The scorching Arizona sun in the summer can do a real number on your drip system. Make it a point to regularly check your system for areas of pooled water or dead vegetation – both indicate the potential for an irrigation system leak.
- Washing Machine Hose Failures – You’re likely washing more dirty clothes and towels in the summertime. You don’t need the unexpected and unwanted surprise of a washing machine hose that can quickly flood a laundry room or hallway. Because pool towels are heavy and can easily cause your washing machine to spin off balance, it’s important that your machine is placed several inches away from the hose. This will prevent hoses from kinking or breaking. And, a best practice for everyone to follow – don’t use your washer or dryer when you’re not at home.
- Water Heater Waste – Are you fleeing the Phoenix triple-digit heat for cooler temperatures of the beach or mountains? You can save energy and money by turning down the temperature of your water heater before you head out of town.
At Cool Blew, we offer a full range of home plumbing services – from sewer and drain cleaning to solar water heater installation and garbage disposal service. We also offer 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed on all our work. Call us today for a free plumbing estimate.