With Christmas over, our thoughts turn to the new decade ahead and New Year’s resolutions. Of course, we all want to exercise more, spend less and enjoy each and every day in 2020. But, you may want to add a few plumbing-related resolutions to your list, too. Not only will they help improve your home’s comfort-level, they can save you money by reducing your water consumption.
Here are eight plumbing resolutions that every homeowner should try and stick to:
- Proactively fix leaky faucets, toilets and clogged drains before they become bigger, more costly plumbing problems.
- Only put human waste and toilet paper down the toilet. Nothing else – ever!
- Turn off water while shaving and brushing teeth.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine only when there is a full load.
- Use drain guards to prevent harmful material from sliding down drains.
- Consider installing a water filter and/or softener. Although we’re fortunate enough to enjoy clean, drinkable water, the quality can be significantly improved with the addition of a whole house water filter or softener.
- Flush your water heater and have it professionally inspected at least once a year. Don’t forget that Arizona’s hard water can really wreak havoc on water heater tanks.
- Consider having your sewer line rodded to prevent an inconvenient and costly backup.
Here in the desert, water is our most precious natural resource. We can’t live without it, and there’s a limited supply. We encourage you throughout the year to follow these resolutions and to share them with family, neighbors and friends. Together, we can all help our environment.
And don’t forget to call us at 623-872-2900 for any and all of your plumbing needs in 2020. At Cool Blew, we’re your go-to provider of professional plumbing service throughout the Valley.
Happy New Year from our family to yours!