Spring is rapidly approaching with temperatures climbing, and flowers already in bloom. As you prepare for the seasonal shift, don’t forget HVAC maintenance.
The optimal time to schedule air conditioning maintenance is now. Damage or stress placed on your system over the past months can be addressed with some springtime attention. Air conditioning maintenance includes a professional inspection, tune up, and cleaning by a trained Cool Blew technician. We highly recommend scheduling bi-annual HVAC system tune ups—one in the fall for heating, and one in the spring for your air conditioner.
Why Is Spring the Right Time for HVAC Service?
Triple-digit temperatures will be here soon, requiring you to flip the switch on your air conditioner. It’s no surprise that late spring and summer are peak times for HVAC repairs, placing HVAC technicians in high demand.
When you schedule a professional tune up prior to when the peak temperatures hit, you’ll be guaranteed a convenient appointment. You’ll also gain the peace of mind knowing that your system is ready to keep you cool all summer long. Post-winter repairs can also be handled proactively.
Why put off HVAC maintenance for when we’re in the midst of a scorching heat wave? Be prepared by taking the preventive route. Schedule professional maintenance now, and you’ll be glad that you did this summer.
Springtime Maintenance Checklist
During maintenance service, one of our technicians will perform a tune up and cleaning that includes:
- Air filter – Clean or replace if needed
- Bearings – Inspect for wear and lubricate
- Blower motor – Measure amperage and voltage
- Capacitors – Inspect and test
- Compressor – Monitor, measure amperage and volt draw, and wiring connections
- Condensate drain – Flush and treat with anti-algae
- Condenser coil – Clean and remove debris
- Contactors – test and inspect for burned or pitted contacts
- Duct work – inspect for energy loss
- Electrical disconnect box – Inspect for proper rating and safe installation
- Electrical wiring – Inspect and tighten connections and inspect for exposed wiring
- Fan blade – Inspect
- Indoor coil – Inspect
- Refrigerant – Monitor operating pressures
- Safety devices – Inspect for proper operation
- Service valves – Inspect for proper operation
- Thermostat – Test for proper operation, calibrate, and level
Residential Preventive Maintenance
Don’t forget to ask about our residential preventive maintenance agreements. You can gain valuable benefits, including priority service, discounts on repairs, no overtime fees, and more.
Call today to schedule your spring maintenance with Cool Blew at 623-872-2900.